The Safe-Hub in Khayelitsha, Cape Town should become the first Safe-Hub Academy for selection, training and support of 15 NGOs to implement 15 Safe-Hubs, reaching 150’000 children and youth in South Africa’s most disadvantaged communities in the next three years (2017 -2019) while still offering all “football for good” and education programmes to young people in the direct catchment area.
Problem to be tackled
AMANDLA’s key socioeconomic outcomes include:
- Reducing gang membership and youth violence,
- Reducing substance abuse,
- Improving primary, secondary and tertiary education results,
- Improving health condition of young people,
- Increasing positive citizenship and
- Decreasing youth unemployment.